Spring Lake Yacht Club is a family friendly environment and we value that pets are part of the family. Dogs are currently tolerated at the club with the following understandings:
- Dogs are to be leashed and under the control of their owners at all times
- Owners will clean up after their pets
- No dogs allowed in the clubhouse at any time
- Do not allow your dog to relieve themselves anywhere surrounding the clubhouse, boats, or beach
Failure to comply with these rules will require the board to issue a ‘No Dogs Allowed’ policy.
Long Term Camping
No camping for more than 4 consecutive days is allowed on SLYC property. It is against the terms of our lease to use the property as a campground. Camping electrical hookups are provided for short-term regatta camping only and use should be cleared with the Regatta Host or Commodore prior to arrival.
Campers and motor homes are not to be stored on SLYC property.
We love guests! Please bring your friends to the club and encourage them to join. We are a friendly, inviting bunch and would love to meet them. With that in mind please observe the following:
- The club facilities are located on property owned by the Village of Spring Lake. The land is leased on a non-exclusive basis. Although the SLYC officers do not have the authority to require non-members to lease the grounds, they do have the authority to require non-members to lease the club buildings, docks, ramps, and other improvements.
- Each season non-members may attend only one party when invited by a member of the club.
Any children swimming from the SLYC premises must have proper supervision. Spring Lake Yacht Club DOES NOT provide lifeguards. Swimming or diving is not permitted in front of the docks.
In an attempt to keep the Spring Lake Yacht Club grounds clean and functional, we strictly enforce a trailer registration and parking policy.
- All boat trailers stored on SLYC grounds must be clearly marked for ownership. Trailers may not be stored on asphalt parking areas or center lawn area. They must be stored in the designated area in the field at the top of the hill.
- The Sailing Season is considered to be May 1st to October 1st.
- Members will receive one registration sticker for each sail boat that pays a race fee to the club.
- Members who wish to park a power boat, sail boat or other watercraft trailer at the club can either use a registration sticker from a sail boat race fee, or purchase a trailer sticker for $75 per sailing season.
- Registration stickers are not transferable and are not redeemable for refund of trailer registration fee.
- Registration stickers will be sent to members when their race fee or trailer registration fee is paid.
- Registration stickers will be numerically ordered and tracked to each member and verified each season.
- Only registered trailers will be allowed to park on the SLYC grounds for longer than 2 consecutive weeks.
- Power or sail boats that are not launched/used for more than 30 days during the sailing season, must be removed from the Yacht Club grounds regardless of registration sticker.
- Non-registered and non-compliant trailers WILL be removed from the Club grounds and stored for 30 days prior to disposal.
- The club will attempt to contact trailer owners of non-registered trailers prior to removal if ownership can be determined.
- Disposal of trailers will include sale, Ebay, Craig’s List or other, and scrap/dump with any proceeds going to the general fund of the Yacht Club.
- Members who abuse or try to avoid the policy (switching registration stickers, destroying other registration stickers, etc.) will be fined triple the trailer registration Fee ($225).
- Boat trailers, when permitted, may be used on the furthest east ramp of the club. The C/E scow dolly ramp should not be used because the tracks can be easily damaged.
Boat Docking (Harbormaster)
No boat may stay at an SLYC dock for more than 3 nights/4 consecutive days. It is against the terms of our lease to use the property as a marina. Tom Zoppa has been appointed Harbormaster and he will ensure that this rule is followed.
Summer Boat Storage
Only boats registered to sail in club-sponsored races may be stored on the launching ramp areas and Butterfly beach.
- No boats are allowed on the swimming/swing set beach.
- Ramp/beach position is determined on a first come, first served basis. In the event of a dispute when two parties arrive at the same time and want the same spot, position will be determined by lowest membership number with lowest number having preference. Boats are not to be rearranged on ramp/beach without discussing with owners.
Winter Boat Storage
There is winter no boat storage inside the clubhouse. Any member who wants to leave their boat on club property will do so at their own risk. Boats may not be stored on asphalt parking areas. They must be stored in the upper grass field.
Club Improvement Fund
All undesignated gifts to the club will be placed in the Club Improvement Fund.
The fund may be used only for projects approved by the Board of Governors for the betterment of club facilities.